The stated mission of the SFDWIA is to serve, promote, advance and protect the interests of women, children, and families (youth, foster children, related minors, dependent adults and seniors), working at the local and state level in California.
The SFDWIA Democratic Club Supports a Candidate Endorsement Process for General Elections . Candidates (offices) and propositions that are germane to the club's general mission will be considered.
The endorsement process will consist of the following:
- The identification of a committee and committee chair who will facilitate the endorsement process for the upcoming election.
- The committee will identify and maintain a list of offices, candidates and propositions and will establish a calendar for endorsement events and deadlines.. The committee will report to the Board on endorsement progress and findings at Board meetings leading up to the election.
- An invitation to engage in the endorsement process will be made available to candidates and will be posted on the website.
- Candidates who accept the invitation will be asked to respond to questions/issues that are important to the status and welfare of women, children and families.
- The questions (developed by the committee and approved by the board) will be posted on the website and made available to candidates through email.
- An endorsement period (evening or day) will be identified and candidates will be invited and encouraged to participate. All candidates seeking club endorsement will address one or more of the questions that the committee has developed.
- All members of the club who have paid their dues (are in good standing) will be invited and encouraged to attend and vote.
- The list of endorsements will be, published by the committee, sent to candidates and the membership, and otherwise distributed.
- Members will be encouraged to support endorsed candidates in a variety of ways, including donating time.